What is scurvy disease?
What are the symptoms of scurvy?
Scurvy is a deficiency disease that results from
insufficient intake of vitamin C (Ascorbic
acid) which is required for correct collagen
synthesis in humans.
- Dark purplish spots on skin, especially legs.
- Spongy gums, often leading to tooth loss.
- Bleeding from all mucous membranes.
- Pale color of skin
- Sunken eyes
- Opening of healed scars and separation of knitted bone fracture
- An increased susceptibility to infection
- Tender, swollen legs; The child prefers to lie with legs partly bent, and cries if moved.
How to treat scurvy?
The only way for complete treatment of scurvy is Vitamin C e.g.
Vitamin C instant sachets